Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What is the real root of hatred between black people and other races. How/who started it?

Hate is a lazy and irresponsible emotion. Real strength of character is having the ability to allow the conscience do its job. Looking at and dealing with people even if unpleasant, in a way that builds rather than destroy or reinforce hate. Not hiding behind self righteousness based on a few deeds here and there. As I grow, I think more about these things. It saddens me that such issues are real, day to day mostly to those who are at the receiving end of hate. Others explain it away as problems of the past. Others ignore it. Will we ever change and not just pretend? I am aware of history, but want to hear what intelligent people think about this, not to tell me how great they themselves are. What makes people hate people so much, ignoring all logic? What will become of the human race? Is racism just not the dumbest thing ever?

No comments:

Post a Comment